Wednesday, September 24, 2014

1. To create my finished letter piece, I had to follow many specific steps and procedures. First, I set up the borders of the margins and focal point using straightedge objects. Next, I started sketching the boxes that formed the M with a pencil and ruler. Next, I outlined the sketch with dark black pen and also started creating the designs within the blocks. I created many curves and swirls incorporated throughout the entire "M" letter. After erasing the pencil marks, I began to add color to the designs; for the flame-looking swirls, I applied a bold red color and made sure that it was blended well so that the color would stand out. For the swirls I only applied color to the first layer of some of them because I did not want to take the attention away from the bold red color.Finally, I was done! This process was helpful because it allowed me to add on new concepts or ideas I wanted since I applied colors last.

2. I came to my concept because I wanted to create a mysterious mythological design of dragons. I wanted my drawing to have the beautiful repetitive patterns similar to that of a dragons skin. The firey swirls were an addition to the theme of ancient dragons that released flames.

3. The most challenging aspect of this project was incorporating concepts into my letter. It was hard to come up with an idea that could represent the design of my letter since I was more focused on patterns.

4. I am satisfied with the final result of my project because I was able to include both ideas of my drawing into one drawing. I admired how the design of the letter was very mesmerizing and bold.

5. If I could change my design in any way, I would have  created more sharper lines and edges by creating one straight line rather than putting individual squares together; that way the lines of the letter would be straighter.

1 comment:

  1. Really good job on your letter. I like how you incorporated your culture with this project.

    ReplyDelete